Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Brief Hiatus

Hi friends. It seems I always have an excuse not to post these days. I will need to take off for a few days again, this time for good cause.

My mother's step-dad, who has been married to my grandmother since my mom was a teenager, passed away yesterday from complications of Alzheimer's disease.

Those of you who know me know that this past year has been a tough one since my dad passed in March 2008. After that, my grandparents went into some sort of tailspin, and they both ended up in nursing facilities. From December to early February, my step-grandfather evolved from a walking, talking, beligerent being into a bed-ridden, fully dependent, non-coherent one.

Please pray for my grandmother, as her imagination is going all over the place. And also please pray for my mother. This past year has been tough on her. But she has come through like a trooper. God has revealed strength that she didn't know existed. I am so proud of her.

Thank you for your understanding. I hope to meet with you again next week.

Blessings and love ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting His Daily Mercies. I appreciate your comments.