Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What's Up? Wednesday - Thank You, Teachers!

Happy Hump Day! Although it doesn’t really feel like Wednesday. In my head, it’s only Tuesday. Maybe I’ll be caught up with myself by the weekend!

Today I am working on making thank you gifts for Olivia’s teachers. This is a sampling of what I’m doing:


They are post-it note holders and mini memo books. I still need to add ribbons to one of these. For the male teachers I am making journals (covered composition books) and matching pens. I will post a picture of those later today or tomorrow.

Olivia is in high school, and while some may think it isn’t necessary to give a thank you at that age, I must respectfully disagree. Personally, I think it is important to thank a teacher no matter the level of learning.

I am not a teacher, but I have deep respect for them. I know they do not receive the respect they once did, and that is so sad. Many pressures are put on them. They must try to effectively teach with little money, little time and many times little support from parents.

So for any of you who are teachers -- whether you are in private or public school, pre-school, daycare, Sunday school, wherever -- I want you to know this is one mom who appreciates you and all you do to make a difference in the lives of children.

Daily Bible Reading Plan

Still doubling up:

II Samuel 14-17; Psalm 113-114; Mark 14:66-15:15; Galatians 3:15-4:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting His Daily Mercies. I appreciate your comments.