Monday, May 18, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Hello friends. I hope each of you had a restful weekend and are now refreshed and strengthened to begin a new week. I love Mondays. It’s like passing “Go” in Monopoly. I may not actually receive $200, but I get a fresh start.

Just like today. I have a menu plan to post. If you recall, I fell off the menu planning wagon last week, and as a result, dinner preparation was no fun. We got by, but it would have been much easier with a plan. It feels great to be back on track.

Menu Plan

Monday – Spaghetti (meat sauce or meatballs, TBD), salad, bread

Tuesday – Rotisserie Chicken (Sam’s – grocery day treat), steamed broccoli, corn on the cob, bread

Wednesday – Black beans & rice with smoked turkey sausage

Thursday – Country-style ribs, sauerkraut, pinto beans, baked apples

Friday – Out

Saturday – Pizza

Sunday – Steaks, salad, baked potatoes

Daily Bible Reading Plan

I Samuel 29-31; Psalm 106:24-48; Mark 13:14-31; II Corinthians 11:16-33

As I was reading the New Testament portion of my Daily Bible Reading Plan, I was struck by something Paul said in II Corinthians 11:3-4:

But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.
Paul is speaking to the Corinthians about their slack attitudes toward those who would present something other than the true gospel to them. The last phrase “you put up with it easily enough” made me take pause. Am I guilty of this? Am I accepting of things that are contrary to those that Jesus taught?

This has given me something to ponder today. In this day and age, it would be easy enough to fall prey to teachings of those who desire to lead us toward something other than The Way.

I must pray for wisdom to be sensitive to the Spirit’s prompting, guiding and teaching. I must also pray to stay alert and not grow lazy in my daily walk with Christ.

In fact, this is my prayer for all believers today.

Blessings and peace to each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting His Daily Mercies. I appreciate your comments.