Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Hi friends! Here in north central Kentucky it is sunny and cold (currently 18°F). We are enjoying our last day of freedom from the alarm clock, as school begins tomorrow. It has been so nice to not be enslaved by that dreadful thing for the past two weeks.

If you have read along with me in the past, I apologize for my long absence. If you are joining me for the first time, welcome. I hope anyone who visits will find a reason to return.

My goal for this blog is for it to be a gathering place – a place where you feel as if you’ve had a nice visit with someone. I want to share thoughts and ideas about spiritual issues, crafts, cooking, frugality, family – anything. And I want you to feel free to comment and add your own ideas to the mix.

At this point the only thing I intend to post on a regular basis is my Monday meal plan. As time progresses, I may add other regular posts, but for now we’ll just ride the wave.

In an attempt to try to eat healthier, my family and I are going to eliminate meat from our diet for one week. Originally we were going to try one month, but that seemed a bit daunting to the cook (a/k/a me). Since fish has great health values, we are going to include it, and we are going to keep dairy. (I just read that the term for this type of eating is called "flexitarian.")

I found a vegetarian cookbook at a discount store that has some very interesting recipes. I also have been researching ideas online. People can be quite creative.

Here is my meal plan for this week:

Monday – Spinach Lasagna, salad, bread machine rolls (made with ½ whole wheat flour)

Tuesday – Sweet and spicy stuffed peppers (crockpot recipe), steamed broccoli, fruit salad

Wednesday – Bean and cheese burritos, Mexican rice

Thursday – Salmon croquettes (amazing recipe here), orzo, sauteed spinach w/garlic and balsamic vinegar

Friday – Out

Saturday – Black bean chili, homemade tortilla chips

Sunday – Veggie pizza

I will keep you informed of the homefront reviews.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting His Daily Mercies. I appreciate your comments.