Monday, January 18, 2010

Heartache For Haiti

My heart hurts for the people of Haiti. I feel helpless when I see images on television and in the newspaper. Every survivor of this natural disaster has undoubtedly been affected in some tragic way.

But you know, what’s strange is that my faith in Americans as a whole is being restored a bit.

I am thankful for once that all our attention is not focused on healthcare reform and economic crises.

I am thankful that we are looking for ways to help others instead of focusing on our own problems.

I am thankful the pot is being stirred, and we are paying attention.

I am thankful we still have the ability to show compassion.

I am thankful we are doing something that has eternal value.

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

James 1:27

So for today and in the days following I will pray for the people of Haiti and for those who are ministering to their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. I will pray for their healing. And I will pray for those who don’t know the love of Christ to see it displayed in a mighty way.

Menu Plan

Steve is leaving to go out of town Tuesday and will not return until Thursday evening. So I am off the hook for major meals three nights in a row. I will miss him, but I appreciate an opportunity to be free from the kitchen for a few nights. You will notice I intend to incorporate some meat back into our diet with chicken for Sunday’s meal.

Monday – Spaghetti with marinara sauce, salad, bread

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – Raid the refrigerator for leftovers

Friday – Veggie Pizza

Saturday – Bean soup, cornbread

Sunday – Roast chicken, parsley potatoes, green beans, bread

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting His Daily Mercies. I appreciate your comments.