Thursday, April 16, 2009

Recipe - Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu

I wanted to share a recipe my family and I love. We had it for dinner last night. I apologize in advance for my food photography skills.

Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 4-oz. pieces)
4 slices thinly-sliced smoked ham (lunch meat or deli ham works well)
4 slices thinly-sliced Swiss cheese
½ cup Italian dressing (I use fat-free)
½ cup seasoned bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet or dish with cooking spray.

Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to ¼ inch thickness. (If you don’t have a meat tenderizer, use the side of a saucer.)


Remove plastic wrap. Arrange 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on each chicken breast.

Starting from shorter end of chicken, roll up breast into a tight pinwheel. Tuck in ends. Secure with toothpicks.


Place dressing and crumbs in two separate bowls. Dip chicken in dressing and then roll in bread crumbs.



Place chicken on baking sheet, seam side down.


Bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 40 minutes.


Remove toothpicks and serve.



Next time I'll wipe the plate of the messy stuff. LOL!

This would be a great make-ahead or freezer recipe. You could make it the night before or the day of and keep it in the refrigerator. I suggest you transfer it to a different baking dish before doing so, especially if you are using glass.

If you freeze it, make sure to thaw completely before baking.

Enjoy! It's TASTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting His Daily Mercies. I appreciate your comments.