Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What's Up? Wednesday

What's up here? Not much, for which I'm thankful. I like peaceful times. Sometimes I wonder if people are so busy that they are frightened when there's nothing going on. They don't know how to handle the quiet.

Oh, there's plenty to do. But as I sit here typing with the windows open, none of that is on my mind. I am savoring the sounds of the outdoors. The birds are blessing me with their sweet songs. And I am thankful.

If you watch, listen to or read the news, you can easily become overwhelmed with all that's put before you. I listen to a lot of talk radio -- a mix of "conservative" and Christian -- and even that gets too heavy at times. The economy, government, politics, swine flu, on and on and on it goes. My mind sometimes feels as if it's going to explode.

It's times like these the Lord intervenes. Today I read Psalm 93. It says:

1 The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty;
the LORD is robed in majesty
and is armed with strength.
The world is firmly established;
it cannot be moved.

2 Your throne was established long ago;
you are from all eternity.

3 The seas have lifted up, O LORD,
the seas have lifted up their voice;
the seas have lifted up their pounding waves.

4 Mightier than the thunder of the great waters,
mightier than the breakers of the sea—
the LORD on high is mighty.

5 Your statutes stand firm;
holiness adorns your house
for endless days, O LORD.

God is still alive and on the throne. Nothing is bigger than He. Not the economy. Not the U.S. Government. Not politicians. Not swine flu. Nothing.

He is in control.

So today, I'm going to rest in that reality. And I'm going to savor it. It is good.

Won't you join me?

Daily Bible Reading Plan

Ruth 2-3; Psalm 93; Mark 9:1-13; I Corinthians 15:29-58

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting His Daily Mercies. I appreciate your comments.