Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What's Goin' On With You? & Easter Reflections

What's Goin' On With You?

Currently, I am needing to get busy sewing Olivia's Easter dress. Yes, I have known Easter was coming since last Easter. Yes, I have procrastinated. Yes, you'd think I would learn my lesson every single time I set out to sew something.

Today I must put the proverbial pedal to the metal.

When it comes to sewing or projects with a deadline, I fly by the seat of my pants. I function better, however, in other areas when I have a plan.

Meal planning, for instance, helps me maintain my low level of sanity. It's such a nice feeling to know each day that I have something designated for dinner. I plan meals two weeks at a time, and I make my grocery list based on the ingredients needed. This way I only grocery shop every two weeks. Since grocery shopping is not one of my favorite pasttimes, this works well for me. I highly recommend meal planning. We'll discuss it in more detail in days to come.

Do you work well with a plan? Do you practice meal planning?

Easter Reflections - Wednesday

I will preface by saying I'm basing my Easter week timeline on helps from the NIV Study Bible. On Wednesday, it maintains that the plot to betray Jesus takes place. I will reference Luke's account in chapter 22, verses 1-6.

Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread, called the Passover, was approaching, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some way to get rid of Jesus, for they were afraid of the people. Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve. And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. They were delighted and agreed to give him money. He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

Have you ever stopped to consider Judas Isacariot? I don't recall much discussion of him. This portion of scripture caused me to pause.

In verse 3 it states that "Satan entered Judas." Those words make me shudder. How could it be that one of the chosen twelve, someone who ate with, slept with, hung out with the Son of God could be "entered" by Satan? A note in my Bible proposes that Judas never displayed a high motive of service or commitment to Jesus. In other words, he was just "there."

Do I think Judas was controlled by Satan? No. I think Judas was influenced. He made a conscious decision to seek out the priests and elders and strike up a deal with them. The Bible says they were "delighted and agreed to give him money." This indicates it was his own idea.

Judas could have resisted Satan, but he chose not to. He deliberately chose to sin. He gave Satan a foothold, and Satan had a heyday.

This is a lesson to me that I must guard my heart at all times and keep my eyes on the Master. I Peter 5:8 says: Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. I must be careful not to leave the door of my heart wide open the way Judas did. I don't want to be devoured.

Daily Bible Reading

Joshua 15-17; Psalm 78:1-39; Mark 2:18-28; I Corinthians 6:1-11


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting His Daily Mercies. I appreciate your comments.