Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Think About It Thursday

As promised, I have pictures of my now-clean pantry annex.

What an improvement, huh?

I had to throw away some things. Some things returned to their rightful homes in other places in the house. The balance just needed to be corralled in a proper spot in the pantry.












That's just like my heart.

Paul said in II Corinthians 10:5:
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Just like my closet, I need to maintain my heart. All thoughts must be evaluated. If they're junk, I must purge them. Sometimes they need to be set aside for another time. The rest of them must be granted a rightful dwelling place. It's a neverending process.
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
Psalm 119:11

Thank You, Lord, for the grace and mercy you provide each day. Thank You for giving me the desire to maintain my heart for You. Thank You for not giving up on me.

Does it remind you of a song? I tried to embed it, but I wasn't allowed. Here is a link instead. He's Still Working On Me

Daily Bible Reading Plan

Judges 6-7; Psalm 84; Mark 6:1-13: I Corinthians 10:1-13

Thanks for visiting with me today! Have a great Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. You did this in one day? It must be something in the genes that makes us want to be so organized. I would love for all of my things to be this way but never find the time to fit it in. Congratulations on a job well done, I know you must feel much better. It always does my heart good to get something like this done.
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It does feel better. Now I must conquer other spaces and other places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the next give-away contest, Jenny will be coming to your house to organize your pantry!!! Oh, please let me win....oh please! *smile* Just kidding, Jenny. It's nice to dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you never know. Some year when I'm finished organizing the places I didn't show you (yet), I just may give away that prize!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting His Daily Mercies. I appreciate your comments.